[PTL][Stable] Releases proposed for stable/stein

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Fri Jul 17 22:43:33 UTC 2020

/me takes off release team hat and puts on stable team hat

Hey everyone,

To help out with stable releases, I've run a script to propose releases
for any deliverables in stable/stein that had commits merged but not
released yet. This is just to try to help make sure those fixes get out
downstream, and to help ease the crunch that we inevitably have near the
time that stable/stein goes into Extended Maintenance mode (this coming
November).

These are not driven by the release team, and they are not required.
They are merely a convenience to help out the teams. If there is a patch
for any deliverables owned by your team and you are good with the
release, please leave a +1 and we will process it. Any patches with a
-1, or anything not acknowledged by the end of next week, will just be
abandoned. Of course, stable releases can be proposed by the team
whenever they are ready.

Again, this is not a release team activity. This may or may not be done
regularly. I just had some time and an itch to do it.

Patches can be found here:

https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:stein-stable+(status:open+OR+status:merged)

Thanks!

Sean