[ideas] 3 new project drafts

Jonathan de Jong jonathan at automatia.nl
Wed Jul 15 12:34:13 UTC 2020

Heya OpenStack community!

The openstack-ideas website inspired me to create 3 more ideas,
each based on some personal experiences and musings which OpenStack
could address.

Project "Dew": https://review.opendev.org/741008
(low-spec cloud computing)

Project "Nebula": https://review.opendev.org/741057
(interface translation for plural or propriatary clouds)

Project "Aurora": https://review.opendev.org/741165
(communal/collaborative cloud computing)

I need to admit that these drafts are in my opnion extremely rough, very
biased, and probably need to be rewritten several times. So that's why I
invite people to discuss specifics and implementations of these ideas.

If aspects of these ideas are similes of past proposals or projects,
which have then been debunked/abandoned, i'm curious as to what
discussion has happened for it to be rejected that way.

If my language in these drafts are unreadable, confusing, simply too
vague, or any other combination of sub-standard writing, please let me know.

I plan to expand/improve/detail these project drafts from feedback and
comments, please share if any of that comes to mind. Thanks in advance!

- Jonathan de Jong