[octavia] Replace broken amphoras

Fabian Zimmermann dev.faz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:44:05 UTC 2020

Hi,

Am Di., 14. Juli 2020 um 02:04 Uhr schrieb Michael Johnson <
johnsomor at gmail.com>:

> Sorry you have run into trouble and we have missed you in the IRC channel.

Thanks for your great work and support!

> Yeah, that transcript from three years ago isn't going to be much help.

Arg.

> A few things we will want to know are:
> 1. What version of Octavia are you using?

3.1.0

> 2. Do you have the DNS extension to neutron enabled?

yes

> 3. When it said "unable to attach port to amphora", can you provide
> the full error? Was it due to a hostname mismatch error from nova?

arg, debug logs got already rotated. I will repeat my debug-session and
paste the output.

Any suggestions what I should do? Maybe I can already try something
different?

My guess is you ran into the issue where a port will not attach if the
> DNS name doesn't match. Our workaround for that accidentally got
> removed and re-added in https://review.opendev.org/#/c/663277/.

So, this should already be fixed in stable/rocky. Should upgrading octavia
to latest stable/rocky be enough to get my amphoras working again?

Replacing a vrrp_port is tricky, so I'm not surprised you ran into
> some trouble. Can you please provide the controller worker log output
> when doing a load balancer failover (let's not use amphora failover
> here) on paste.openstack.org? You can mark it private and directly
> reply to me if you have concerns about the log content.

Will provide this asap.

> All this said, I have recently completely refactored the failover
> flows recently. This has already merged on the master branch and
> backports are in process.

Thanks a lot,

 Fabian