[cinder] monthly video meeting poll results
rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 16:11:03 UTC 2020
tl;dr - our first video meeting will be Wednesday 29 July
connection info will be on the agenda etherpad,
For those who didn't see the poll, this is what it was about:
We're considering holding the Cinder weekly meeting as a video
conference once each month. It will be the last meeting of each month
and will take place at the regularly scheduled meeting time (1400 UTC
for 60 minutes).
Video Meeting Rules:
* Everyone will keep IRC open during the meeting.
* We'll take notes in IRC to leave a record similar to what we have for
our regular IRC meetings.
* Some people are more comfortable communicating in written English. So
at any point, any attendee may request that the discussion of the
current topic be conducted entirely in IRC.
- 50% in favor, 33% in strong favor, 17% don't care, no one opposed.
- 50% yes, 50% don't care
- Bluejeans: first choice of 70% of respondents
- Let's work hard to write what we speak!
- people who don't want to be recorded can turn their camera off
- video conference plus IRC is for sure better than IRC only
- Zoom is shady and possibly not appropriate for an open source project
that wants to welcome contributors from all countries. I think we're
better off avoiding it.
We'll hold the Cinder weekly meeting for 29 July in BlueJeans *and* IRC
following the ground rules laid out above, and continue doing the same
for the last meeting of each month through the end of the Victoria
cycle. The meetings will be recorded.
More information about the openstack-discuss