[octavia] Replace broken amphoras

Fabian Zimmermann dev.faz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 14:01:26 UTC 2020

Hi,

we had some network issues and now have amphoras which are marked in ERROR
state.

What we already tried:

- failover the amphora
- failover the loadbalancer

both did not work, got "unable to attach port to (new) amphora".

Then we removed the vrrp_port, set the vrrp_port_id to NULL and repeated
the amphora failover

Reverting Err: "PortID: Null"

Then we created a new vrrp_port as described [1] and added the port-id to
the vrrp_port_id and the a suitable vrrp_ip field to our ERRORed amphora
entry.

Restarted failover -> without luck.

Currently we have an single STANDALONE amphora configured.

Is there a way to trigger octavia to create new "clean" amphoras for
MASTER/BACKUP?

Thanks,

 Fabian

[1]