[cinder] last call for ussuri spec comments

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 22:18:08 UTC 2020

On 1/30/20 11:27 AM, Brian Rosmaita wrote:
> The following specs have two +2s.  I believe that all expressed concerns
> have been addressed.  I intend to merge them at 22:00 UTC today unless a
> serious issue is raised before then.
>
> https://review.opendev.org/#/c/684556/ - support volume-local-cache

Some concerns were raised with the above patch.  Liang, please address
them.  Don't worry if you can't get them done before the Friday
deadline, I'm willing to give you a spec freeze exception.  I think the
concerns raised will be useful in making clarifications to the spec, but
also in pointing out things that reviewers should keep in mind when
reviewing the implementation.  They also point out some testing
directions that will be useful in validating the feature.

With respect to the other spec:

> https://review.opendev.org/#/c/700977 - add backup id to volume metadata

Rajat had a few vocabulary clarifications that can be addressed in a
follow-up patch.  Conceptually, this spec is fine, so I went ahead and
merged it.