[openstack-ansible][ansible-sig][tripleo] Openstack Ansible modules - update on progress, new meeting time

Sagi Shnaidman sshnaidm at redhat.com
Thu Jan 30 18:12:59 UTC 2020

Hi, all
because no people have been available in the meeting, I'll write a quick
summary in ML.
Agenda and progress are tracked here as usual:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-ansible-modules

1. Because people had overlapping meetings I've created a poll for better
meeting time. I think we can switch now to the bi-weekly meeting if no
objections to it.
The poll is here: https://xoyondo.com/dp/ITMGRZSvaZaONcz

2. We have the same coverage as we had in Ansible repository, so now we can
start to improve our testing. It should include a matrix with various
ansible versions and openstacksdk versions. We had already some issues with
versions mismatch [1] Also we should start to do a better module design.

3. In case of critical patches to 2.9 and when openstack modules will be
removed from Ansible repo, please submit patches directly to the 2.9-stable
branch of Ansible. Confirmed that with Ansible folks.

4. The CI job in Ansible repository now is failing with a message about
moving modules. I hope it won't block from 2.9 patches to land but will do
more checking. But at least we've got attention to the fact modules are
moving.

5. Jobs for pushing collections to ansible-galaxy are in progress and
please review patches in the repo in your time:

[1] https://review.opendev.org/705054
[2]
https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:openstack/ansible-collections-openstack

--