[tripleo] Removing the `openstack overcloud plan *` commands

Dougal Matthews dougal at redhat.com
Tue Jan 28 14:54:10 UTC 2020

Hey all,

While doing work on the Mistral to Ansible port I was looking at the
openstack overcloud plan commands. These are;

- openstack overcloud plan create
- openstack overcloud plan delete
- openstack overcloud plan deploy
- openstack overcloud plan list
- openstack overcloud plan export

I believe none of these commands make sense in a post-TripleO UI world.
There is no other way to interact and update a plan. Deploys are always
done via "openstack overcloud deploy" and this deletes the contents of the
plan container and repopulates it with the local files[1].

I am therefore proposing that we remove these commands and skip the normal
deprecation process. https://review.opendev.org/#/c/704581/1

What do you think?

Thanks,
Dougal