[tripleo] missing centos-8 rpms for kolla builds

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Fri Jan 24 18:53:19 UTC 2020

On 24/01/2020 19:20, Wesley Hayutin wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I know the ceph repo is in progress.
> TripleO / RDO is not releasing opendaylight
>
> Can the RDO team comment on the rest of the missing packages here please?
>
> Thank you!!
>
> https://review.opendev.org/#/c/699414/9/kolla/image/build.py
>
>  NOTE(mgoddard): Mark images with missing dependencies as unbuildable for
>     # CentOS 8.
>     'centos8': {
>         "barbican-api",          # Missing uwsgi-plugin-python3
>         "ceph-base",             # Missing Ceph repo
>         "cinder-base",           # Missing Ceph repo
>         "collectd",              # Missing collectd-ping and
>                                  # collectd-sensubility packages

I can comment on collectd here. It should be possible to build packages
on the CentOS build system for CentOS 8 right now or the near future.

I am planning especially to do the collectd packages in CentOS opstools
again, which would also bring back the amqp1 plugin (and a few others).

We used to build fluentd in the past for CentOS 7, but I do have no
plans for this on CentOS 8.

Matthias