[all][neutron][neutron-fwaas] FINAL CALL Maintainers needed

Eric K. Miller emiller at genesishosting.com
Mon Jan 20 21:43:48 UTC 2020

> Our community has mostly relied on commercial distribution vendors and
> service providers to fill that role in the past. If enough of their customers say
> it's a feature they're relying on, then employing developers who can help
> keep it maintained is their raison d'ĂȘtre. This is how pretty much all free/libre
> open source community software projects work.
> --
> Jeremy Stanley

Understood.  I thought there may be a way to crowd-fund something in case smaller operators had small budgets, needed some feature supported, but couldn't afford an entire employee with the small budget.

Maybe there are developer consultants interested in a gig to maintain something for a while.  Not sure where the best place to go for matching operators with consultants for this type of thing.

fwaas seems like such a necessity.  We would love to offer it, but it is unusable with DVR.  We just don't have the budget to hire someone specifically for development/support of this.

Eric