[qa][stable][tempest-plugins]: Tempest & plugins py2 jobs failure for stable branches (1860033: the EOLing python2 drama)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jan 17 15:10:03 UTC 2020

On 2020-01-17 07:31:24 -0600 (-0600), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
[...]
> Best possible solution I can think of is to cap all the Tempest
> plugins together with Tempest and use corresponding stable branch
> u-c. Or we modify devstack logic with if-else condition for
> plugins require cap and rest else will be master. Any other
> thought?
[...]

Constraints is going to be at odds with PEP 503 data-requires-python
signaling. If we didn't include neutron-lib in the constraints list
for Tempest's virtualenv (maybe filter it out with the
edit-constraints tool) then pip should select the highest possible
version which matches the versionspec in the requirements list and
supports the Python interpreter with which that virtualenv was
built.
--
Jeremy Stanley