[keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 6 January 2020

vishakha agarwal agarwalvishakha18 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 10:37:30 UTC 2020

# Keystone Team Update -  Week of 6 January 2020

## News

### User Support and Bug Duty

The person in-charge for bug duty for current and upcoming week can be
seen on the etherpad [1]

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-l1-duty

## Action Items

The one-fourth of the ussuri cycle is almost over. We need to find a
new mechanism for the retrospective and to check our progress for this
cycle which is more convenient and less time consuming for the
members.

## Open Specs

Ussuri specs:  https://bit.ly/2XDdpkU

Ongoing specs:  https://bit.ly/2OyDLTh

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query:  https://bit.ly/2pquOwT

We merged 19 changes this week.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2tymTje

There are 37 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have
no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots.

### Priority Reviews

* Community Goals

https://review.opendev.org/#/c/699127/ [ussuri][goal] Drop python 2.7
support and testing keystone-tempest-plugin
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/699126/  [ussuri][goal] Drop python 2.7
support and testing ldappool
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/699119/ [ussuri][goal] Drop python 2.7
support and testing python-keystoneclient

* Special Requests

https://review.opendev.org/#/c/662734/ Change the default Identity
endpoint to internal
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/699013/ Always have username in CADF initiator
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/700826/ Fix role_assignments role.id filter

## Bugs

This week we opened 3 new bugs and closed 5.

Bugs opened (3)
Bug #1858410 (keystone:Low): Got error 'NoneType' when executing
unittest on stable/rocky
 - Opened by Eric Xie https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1858410
Bug #1858186 (keystoneauth:Undecided): http_log_request will print
debug info include pki certificate which is unsafety
 - Opened by kuangpeiling https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystoneauth/+bug/1858186
Bug #1858189 (keystoneauth:Undecided): http_log_request will print
debug info include pki certificate which is unsafety
 - Opened by kuangpeiling https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystoneauth/+bug/1858189

Bugs closed (5)
Bug #1858186 (keystoneauth:Undecided)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystoneauth/+bug/1858186
Bug #1856881 (keystone:Medium): keystone-manage bootstrap fails with
ambiguous role names
 - Fixed by Lance Bragstad https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1856881
Bug #1856962 (keystone:Undecided): openid method failed when
federation_group_ids  is empty list
 - Fixed by Colleen Murphy https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1856962
 Bug #1857086 (keystone: Won't Fix)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1857086
 Bug #1831018 (keystone:
Invalid)https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1831018

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/ussuri/schedule.html

Spec freeze is on the week of 10 February. All the specs targeted for
this cycle should be ready for the review soon.

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter