[Multi-Arch SIG] summary and actions from last meeting

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 05:35:57 UTC 2020

Hi all

Thanks to all who sign up and help to form Multi-Arch SIG
We hosted our two initial meetings this week [1] and both successful. And
for who cares about multi-arch (for example like ARM support in community),
feel free to join our future meetings [2].

Here are some actions from this week's meetings:

* Create StoryBoard for Multi-Arch SIG (ricolin)
* Build multi-arch SIG repo (ricolin)
* Collect update ppc64le actions and resources in community if see any
(mrda)
* Help with documentations once Multi-Arch SIG repo is ready
(jeremyfreudberg)
* Update governance-sigs to make a more clear description for Multi-Arch
SIG (jeremyfreudberg)

There are two docs. ideas `oh, on arm64 you need to do XYZ in other way -
here is how and why` and `use cases, who, and issues they had`. Both of
them seem like great docs. to start with. So that I assume will be
something this SIG will try to work on as one of our first step goals.
We need more people to help and more resource in CI as well. There's a lot
of WIP resources and CI jobs in our community and all of them are collected
in our etherpad [3] now. Feel free to update that etherpad and also sign
you or your organization's name on it. Please join us:)

Once we have our StoryBoard ready, we should be able to create tasks on it
so everyone can create and track tasks like CI job, documentations, etc.
last but not least, we are looking for people to nominate or volunteer for
chair roles (which can be multiple). There are some really experienced
community members been nominated and I will check with them if willing to
take the role. On the other hand, I'm volunteering to apply for one of SIG
chair seats and help to build this SIG, but happy to give it to others if
we can have more people sign up for that role:) So let me know if you're
interested.

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/multi_arch/2020/
[2] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/#Multi-Arch_SIG_Meeting
[3] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Multi-arch