[cliff][docs][requirements] new cliff versions causes docs to fail to build

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Wed Jan 8 19:45:37 UTC 2020

> I suggest we blacklist 2.17.0

I see you did this here [1] (merged)

> and issue
> a new 2.17.1 or 2.18.0 release post-haste.

and this here [2] (open)

> That's not all though. For some daft reason, the 'python-rsdclient'
> projects has imported argparses 'HelpFormatter'  from 'cliff._argparse'
> instead of 'argparse'. They need to stop doing this because commit
> 584352dcd008d58c433136539b22a6ae9d6c45cc of cliff means this will no
> longer work. Just import argparse directly.

I didn't see an open review for this so I made one [3]. I'm not sure how
we should deal with python-rsdclient's cliff req, though. Should we
blacklist the bad version in accordance with [1], or remove the req
entirely since that was the only thing in the project that referenced
it? And should that happen in the same patch or separately?

efried

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/701406/
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/701405/
[3] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/701599/