[scientific][www] Unable to download OpenStack for Scientific Research book

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jan 8 18:47:45 UTC 2020

On 2020-01-08 18:31:10 +0100 (+0100), Pierre Riteau wrote:
> I tried to download the book at https://www.openstack.org/science/
> but the link doesn't work. Could this please be fixed?

I've personally reported it to the webmasters for the
www.openstack.org site. In the meantime, a bit of searching turns up
https://www.openstack.org/assets/science/CrossroadofCloudandHPC.pdf
which will redirect to a working copy. As I wrote this, Wes Wilson
pointed out to me that there's also a 6x9in "printable" version at
https://www.openstack.org/assets/science/CrossroadofCloudandHPC-Print.pdf
and preprinted copies for purchase at
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1978244703/ if that's more your speed.

> I looked on openstack.org for a contact address, but couldn't find
> one. Please let me know if there is a specific address I should use
> next time.

Yes, I know they're working on getting something added. They've
generally been relying on E-mails to summitapp at openstack.org or bugs
filed at https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-org/+filebug but I
gather they're creating a support at openstack.org address or something
along those lines to mention in page footers on the site soon.
--
Jeremy Stanley