[stein][cinder][backup][swift] issue

Matthew Oliver matt at oliver.net.au
Thu Jan 2 22:32:43 UTC 2020

Tim, as always, has hit the nail on the head. By default rgw doesn't use
explicit tenants.
if you want to use RGW and explicit tenants.. ie no global container
namespace, then you need to add:

  rgw keystone implicit tenants = true

To you rgw client configuration in ceph.conf.

See:
https://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/multitenancy/#swift-with-keystone

Not sure what happens to existing containers when you enable this option,
because I think my default things are considered to be in the 'default'
tenant.

matt