[all] Moving towards OpenDev

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Sat Feb 29 08:32:05 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

The OpenStack infrastructure team has helped build an extremely
powerful set of tools which we use on a daily basis in order to build
OpenStack.  You may have noticed that Open Infrastructure projects
(such as Zuul, StarlingX, Airship, etc) have leveraged these tools as
well as they found them to be extremely powerful and useful to build
software by leveraging our four opens.

As you might have noticed, there has been many references to OpenDev
and it's time that we split off the infrastructure team to it's own
separate community with governance and the OpenStack infrastructure
team will continue to help work with the OpenDev team in order to keep
our lights running (and most likely, those two teams will be the same
at the start, but the idea is hoping that one or both grow
separately).

I'd like to invite our community to please look at the following two
patches and leave your comments.  Regardless how you feel about this,
we'd really appreciate if you can leave a review (-1 or +1) just to
show some sort of acknowledgment and help signal that the community is
aware of this upcoming change.  I'm certainly very excited about it.
:)

https://review.opendev.org/#/c/710020/
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/703488/

Thanks everyone!