Retiring x/devstack-plugin-bdd

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Feb 26 18:01:47 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-26 11:23:53 -0600 (-0600), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
>  ---- On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 11:11:14 -0600 Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote ----
>  > On 2020-02-26 11:03:22 -0600 (-0600), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
>  > [...]
>  > > It is not under openstack governance so retire process not really
>  > > applicable to this.
>  > [...]
>  >
>  > The process described at
>  > https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/drivers.html#retiring-a-project
>  > is still recommended, you can just ignore "Step 5: Remove Repository
>  > from the Governance Repository" in such cases.
>
> Even step1 is not required as requirement repo does not own x/* repos.

Not exactly true, there used to be quite a few non-OpenStack
projects making use of openstack/requirements synchronization. Since
we reworked OpenStack's requirements coordination to no longer
propose requirements.txt changes to projects, that step is probably
not really applicable to anyone any longer, not even OpenStack
projects. It just hasn't been updated to reflect our current
reality.

> It is left with cleaning up the infra job setup.

And in my opinion, the more important parts, replacing the
repository content with a README explaining that it's no longer
being developed, and setting its Gerrit ACL to read-only so that new
change proposals will be rejected instead of going into a black hole
without the proposer ever realizing that nobody's going to look at
it.
--
Jeremy Stanley