[keystone][middleware] why can not middle-ware support redis?

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Tue Feb 25 21:04:47 UTC 2020

Hi there, I'm sorry no one responded to this yet. See below.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020, at 00:20, guoyongxhzhf at 163.com wrote:

> In my environment, there is a redis. I want the keystone client in nova
> to cache token and use redis as a cache server.
> But after reading keystone middle-ware code, now keystone middle-ware
> just support swift and memcached server.
> Can I just modify keystone middleware code to use dogpile.cache.redis
> directly?

I'm not totally familiar with the history behind it, but it seems like keystonemiddleware makes assumptions about the particular caching backend in use in order to take advantage of things like encryption or cache pools. If you want to contribute support for using an arbitrary caching backend through oslo.cache (which would make dogpile.cache.redis available as a backend option) we could probably look at accepting it, but I don't think it would be easy to implement.

On the other hand, it's pretty easy to set up a memcached server. I would probably recommend just going forward with memcached. Is there a reason you need to use redis instead?

Colleen