[all][tc][uc] Uniting the TC and the UC

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Feb 25 18:07:48 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-25 10:00:14 -0600 (-0600), Amy Marrich wrote:
[...]
> It's not just a UC issue of not having enough people to run, the
> last TC election I believe did not have an actual vote after
> nominations.
[...]

That's a fair point, but there's still a wide gulf between getting
just enough (very excellent, by the way) candidates by the scheduled
deadline to fill all open seats, and getting none whatsoever. I also
knew other folks who were willing to nominate themselves if it got
down to the wire and we didn't have enough, but they were confident
in the ability of those who had already volunteered so did not feel
it necessary. The Technical Committee also took this as a sign that
it should work to gradually reduce its size over the course of the
next year (thankfully the number of TC seats isn't baked into the
OSF bylaws, unlike for the UC).
--
Jeremy Stanley