[all][PTL][tc] U Community Goal: Project PTL & Contrib Docs Update #3

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 17:33:24 UTC 2020

So, maybe a hybrid.

For example, have a standard "Contributing.rst", with fixed
template/content, that can link off to these other guides? (I feel
like this might be the original idea and I just missed the concept,
lol)

Maybe we need two templates. one for "contributing.rst" in the root
(boilerplate-ish) and one template for inside the documentation tree
("how-to-contribute.rst ???). This seems similar to what we have
today, but with a more formal template for the "how-to-contribute"
landing page.

To some degree there is a strange overlap here with the existing
"contributor" section of the documentation that has the gory coding
details, etc.

I still lean towards having the "slightly more verbose" version in the
documentation tree as then we can use the sphinx magic for glossary
linking, internal links, etc.

Michael