[tripleo][RDO] Version of Ansible in RDO CentOS8 repository

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Tue Feb 25 15:32:02 UTC 2020

Hi all,

During CentOS 8 dependencies preparation we've built ansible 2.9 in RDO
dependencies repo  which was released on Oct 2019,

While testing TripleO with CentOS8 it has been discovered that the latest
release of ceph-ansible does not support ansible 2.9 but only 2.8, so I'm
opening discussion about the best way to move on in CentOS 8:

- Make ceph-ansible 4.0 to work with ansible 2.8 *and* 2.9 so that the same
releases can be used in CentOS7 with Stein and Train and CentOS8 Train and
Ussuri.
- Maintain separated ceph-ansible releases and builds for centos7/ansible
2.8 and centos8/ansible 2.9 able to deploy Nautilus.
- Move ansible back to 2.8 in CentOS 8 Ussuri repository.

I wonder if TripleO or other projects using ansible from RDO repositories
has any requirement or need to move to ansible 2.9 in Ussuri cycle or can
stay in 2.8 until next release, any thoughts?

Best regards,

Alfredo