[all][PTL][tc] U Community Goal: Project PTL & Contrib Docs Update #3

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 22:25:30 UTC 2020

Hi Kendall,

Personally I lean towards option #2, simply because I like the idea of
potentially splitting out the contributing content into multiple
files.  This aligns to our current contributor guide which has pages
for various ways you can contribute to OpenStack [1].

For example, I could envision a page in the Octavia documentation for
new code contributors, a page for the PTL role (this goal), a page for
provider driver contributors [2], etc.

Really this content seems like more information than should be on a
single page (coming from someone that has authored some long pages
already, see above provider driver guide[2]).

My $0.02. Thanks again for leading this effort.

Michael

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/contributors
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/octavia/latest/contributor/guides/providers.html