[all][neutron][neutron-fwaas] FINAL CALL Maintainers needed

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Feb 20 10:33:45 UTC 2020

Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> [...]
> I also would like to note that 'deprecation' does not mean we stop new releases.
> neutron-lbaas continued to cut releases even after the deprecation is enabled.
> IIRC neutron-lbaas was marked as deprecated Jan 2018 around the queens
> release and it was released till Stein.
> neutron-fwaas is being marked as deprecated, so I think we still need
> to release it until neutron-fwaas was retired in the master branch.

If you release it in Ussuri, then nothing needs to get done
governance-wise... it's still considered a deliverable from the Neutron
team.

I'd advise you to consider not releasing it in Victoria though, if we
are not comfortable with its state and nobody picks it up between now
and the victoria-2 milestone.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)