[all][neutron][neutron-fwaas] FINAL CALL Maintainers needed

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 08:37:06 UTC 2020

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 3:04 AM Nate Johnston <nate.johnston at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 05:07:12PM +0100, Slawek Kaplonski wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Ussuri-2 milestone is behind us and we still don’t have anyone who would like to maintain neutron-fwaas project upstream.
> > So I just sent patch [1] to add info to project’s docs that it is deprecated in Neutron stadium.
> >
> > Question, to TC members mostly - should I do also some other actions to officially deprecate this project? Any changes to governance repo or something like that? Thanks in advance for any help with that.
>
> Shall we follow the same process we used for LBaaS in [1] and [2], or does that
> need to wait?

In case of LBaaS, the repository was marked as 'deprecated' when the
master branch was retired.
When neutron-lbaas was deprecated (in the master branch), no change
happened in the governance side.

> I think there is a good chance we will not see another release of
> neutron-fwaas code.

I also would like to note that 'deprecation' does not mean we stop new releases.
neutron-lbaas continued to cut releases even after the deprecation is enabled.
IIRC neutron-lbaas was marked as deprecated Jan 2018 around the queens
release and it was released till Stein.
neutron-fwaas is being marked as deprecated, so I think we still need
to release it until neutron-fwaas was retired in the master branch.

Thanks,
Akihiro