[kolla] Following Nova with XenAPI deprecation

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 17:40:53 UTC 2020

Hello fellow OpenStackers!

There exists some logic in Kolla Ansible that handles XenAPI-specific
overrides and bootstrapping with os-xenapi. It is one of those murky,
untested features that we prefer to remove as soon as possible. :-)
Hence we follow Nova in deprecating this functionality for removal.
We will do the removal in Victoria.

If you are using XenAPI with recent Kolla-Ansible, please let us know.
I will be proposing deprec changes later today.

As far as other deployment projects are concerned, DevStack,
OpenStack-Helm and Puppet-OpenStack seem to still handle XenAPI
specifics.

-yoctozepto