[oslo][release] oslo.limit mistakenly released as 1.0.0

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Tue Feb 18 22:47:53 UTC 2020

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 15:55, Ben Nemec <openstack at nemebean.com> wrote:
> On 2/18/20 4:40 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> > Moises Guimaraes de Medeiros wrote:
> >> If removing 1.0.0 is the way we choose to go, people who already have
> >> 1.0.0 won't be able to get "newer" 0.x.y versions.
> >
> > Indeed. Do we need to release 0.x.y versions before the API stabilizes,
> > though ? Do we expect anything to use it ?
>
> Yes, the Nova team has a PoC change up that uses these early releases.
> That's how we're iterating on the API. I can't guarantee that we'll need
> more releases, but I'm also not aware of anyone having said, "yep, it's
> ready" so I do expect more releases.

I certainly don't feel like its ready yet.

I am pushing on Nova support for unified limits here (but its very WIP
right now):
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/615180

I was hoping we would better understand two level limits before cutting v1.0.0:
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/695527

> > If we really do, then the least confusing might be to keep 1.0.0 and
> > bump major every time you release a breaking change.

I am +1 this approach.
What we have might work well enough.

Thanks,
johnthetubaguy