[queens][config_drive] not working for ubuntu bionic

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Feb 14 18:10:32 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-14 17:51:01 +0100 (+0100), Ignazio Cassano wrote:
> Hello, I configured config drive and centos instances works fine
> with it. Ubuntu bionic tries to get metadata from network and
> cloud-init does not set hostname and does not insert keys for ssh.

The cloud-init changelog indicates that initial support for
configdrive first appeared in 0.6.3, so the versions in Ubuntu
Bionic (and even Xenial) should be new enough to make use of it. In
fact, the official Ubuntu bionic-updates package suite includes
cloud-init 19.4 (the most recent release), so missing
features/support seem unlikely. Detailed log entries from cloud-init
running at boot might help in diagnosing the problem.
--
Jeremy Stanley