[Outreachy] Call for mentors, projects by Feb 25

Samuel de Medeiros Queiroz samueldmq at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 09:43:55 UTC 2020

Hi all,

TL;DR OpenStack is participating of Outreachy! Mentors, please submit
project proposals by Feb 25. More info:
https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/openstack/

Outreachy's goal is to support people from groups underrepresented in the
technology industry. The upcoming round runs from May to August 2020.

Now that we are confirmed as a participating community, we welcome
experienced community contributors to help out as mentors, who need to
submit project proposals.
Therefore, if you have an interesting project that meets the criteria,
please submit it as soon as possible.

You can find more information about the program, project criteria, mentor
requirements, and submit your project at the Call for mentors page
<https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/openstack/> [1].

I have participated twice of Outreachy as a mentor and I can tell you it
was a great opportunity to get someone onboard the community and, of
course, to learn from them. Besides getting work done (which is great), we
happen to make our community more diverse, while helping with its
continuity.

Samuel

[1] https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/openstack/