RHOSP-like installation

Volodymyr Litovka doka.ua at gmx.com
Thu Feb 13 23:02:51 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

while having a good experience with Openstack on Ubuntu, we're facing a
plenty of questions re RHOSP installation.

The primary requirement for our team re RHOSP is to get a knowledge on
RHOSP - how to install it and maintain. As far as I understand, RDO is
the closest way to reach this target but which kind of installation it's
better to use? -
* plain RDO installation as described in generic Openstack guide at
https://docs.openstack.org/install-guide/index.html (specifics in
RHEL/CentOS sections)
* or TripleO installation as described in http://tripleo.org/install/
* or, may be, it is possible to use RHOSP in kind of trial mode to get
enough knowledge on this platform?

Our lab consists of four servers (64G RAM, 16 cores at 2GHz) which we're
going to use in "ultraconverged" mode - as both controller and agent
(compute/network/storage) nodes (controllers, though, can be in
virsh-controlled VMs). In case of TripleO scenario, 4th server can be
used for undercloud role. This installation is intended not for
production use, but rather for learning purposes, so no special
requirements for productivity. The only special requirement - to be
functionally as much as close to canonical RHOSP platform.

I will highly appreciate your suggestions on this issue.

Thank you.

--
Volodymyr Litovka
   "Vision without Execution is Hallucination." -- Thomas Edison