[Queens][neutron] multiple networks with same vlan id

CHANU ROMAIN romain.chanu at univ-lyon1.fr
Sat Feb 8 17:11:31 UTC 2020

Hello,

In the case of Openstack the vlan driver permits to isolate each project's layer 2. This way each project's L3 can overlaps without any problem. You can create many L3 segments within only one VLAN ID.

I do not use vcenter but for old ESXi it was "possible to create" many vswitches whom contains same vlan ID, but this is very different and vmware misuses term of switch.

Best regards,

Romain

.