Active-Active Cinder + RBD driver + Co-ordination

Paul Browne pfb29 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 5 10:53:32 UTC 2020

Hi list,

I had a quick question about Active-Active in cinder-volume and
cinder-backup stable/stein and RBD driver, if anyone can help.

Using only the Ceph RBD driver for volume backends, is it required to run
A-A cinder services with clustering configuration so that they form a
cluster?

And, if so, is an external coordinator (redis/etcd/Consul) necessary, again
only using RBD driver?

Best docs I could find on this so far were;

https://docs.openstack.org/cinder/latest/contributor/high_availability.html
,

I support more aimed at devs/contributoers than operators, but it's not
100% clear to me on these questions

Thanks,
Paul

--