[kolla] All services stats DOWN after re-launch whole cluster.

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 12:18:29 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

We have the Kolla Openstack site, which is 3 HCI (Controller+Compute) + 3
Storage (Ceph OSD)
site without internet. We did the shutdown few days ago since CNY holidays.

Today we re-launch whole cluster back. First we met the issue that MariaDB
containers keep
restarting, and we fixed by using mariadb_recovery command.
After that we check the status of each services, and found that all
services shown at
Admin > System > System Information are DOWN. Strange is no MariaDB, AMQP
connection,
or other error found when check the downed service log.

We tried reboot each servers but the situation still a same. Then we found
the RabbitMQ log not
updating, the last log still stayed at the date we shutdown. Logged in to
RabbitMQ container and
type "rabbitmqctl status" shows connection refused, and tried access its
web manager from
<VIP>:15672 on browser just gave us "503 Service unavailable" message. Also
no port 5672
listening.

I searched this issue on the internet but only few information about this.
One of solution is delete
some files in mnesia folder, another is remove rabbitmq container and its
volume then re-deploy.
But both are not sure. Does anyone know how to solve it?

Many thanks,
Eddie.