[openstack-dev][kuryr] How to add new worker node

mdulko at redhat.com mdulko at redhat.com
Mon Feb 3 09:08:35 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-02-03 at 06:11 +0000, VeeraReddy wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I successfully install kuryr-kubernetes using below link
> https://docs.openstack.org/kuryr-kubernetes/latest/installation/devstack/basic.html
>
> How to add a new external worker node to existing controller node.

Hi,

If you used default DevStack's setting for the VIF driver - that is
neutron_vif, then on the node you need kubelet, kuryr-daemon and
neutron-agent. Besides that if you're using containerized Kuryr, then
you need to set KURYR_FORCE_IMAGE_BUILD=true in local.conf. Also you
need to set K8s API endpoint using KURYR_K8S_API_URL var.

We maintain a multinode configuration that we use in the gate at [1].
The settings in `vars` are for the controller node and the settings in
`group-vars.subnode` are for the node. Please note that Zuul has
inheritance mechanisms, meaning that more settings are inherited from
kuryr-kubernetes-tempest-base [2] and devstack [3] jobs definitions.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/kuryr-kubernetes/blob/master/.zuul.d/multinode.yaml
[2] https://github.com/openstack/kuryr-kubernetes/blob/28b27c5de2ae10c88295a44312ec1a3d1449f99c/.zuul.d/base.yaml#L16
[3] https://github.com/openstack/devstack/blob/5c6b3c32791f6a1b6e3646e739d41ae86d866d45/.zuul.yaml#L342

Thanks,