[Ceilometer][all]Visualising Ceilometer

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Thu Dec 31 13:55:28 UTC 2020

On 31/12/2020 00:20, Adekunbi Adewojo wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I want to get the results in ceilometer into Grafana dashboard so that I
> can visualise them. Is there a manual on this or can someone point me in
> the right direction please?
>
> Currently, I interact with ceilometer using it's API from my code to get
> some metrics result but would love to visualise them.
>

> Also,  I came across Sensu and thinks this could help. Can it be used to
> visualise metrics gotten from ceilometer? I am interested in getting VM
> metrics in my code and at the same time be able to visualise them when
> applications on the VM are stress tested.

Hi there,

ceilometer turned to be a collecting agent a long time ago. Metrics and
events are stored in other databases, such as gnocchi, prometheus or
others.
The ceilometer API was split into a separate project named gnocchi,
chances are good that you can use your code on gnocchi API.
There is also a plugin[1] for grafana to pull data from gnocchi.

Matthias

[1] https://grafana.com/grafana/plugins/gnocchixyz-gnocchi-datasource