[tripleO] Customised Cinder-Volume fails at 'Paunch 5' during overcloud deployment

Igal Katzir ikatzir at infinidat.com
Thu Dec 31 13:18:26 UTC 2020

Hello all,

I am trying to deploy RHOSP16.1 (based on ‘train’ distribution) for Certification purposes.
I have build a container for our cinder driver and trying to deploy it.
Deployment runs almost till the end and fails at stage when it tries to configure Pacemaker;
Here is the last message:
"Info: Applying configuration version '1609231063'", "Notice: /Stage[main]/Pacemaker::Corosync/File_line[pcsd_bind_addr]/ensure: created", "Info: /Stage[main]/Pacemaker::Corosync/File_line[pcsd_bind_addr]: Scheduling refresh of Service[pcsd]", "Info: /Stage[main]/Pacemaker::Service/Service[pcsd]: Unscheduling all events on Service[pcsd]", "Info: Class[Pacemaker::Corosync]: Unscheduling all events on Class[Pacemaker::Corosync]", "Notice: /Stage[main]/Tripleo::Profile::Pacemaker::Cinder::Volume_bundle/Pacemaker::Resource::Bundle[openstack-cinder-volume]/Pcmk_bundle[openstack-cinder-volume]: Dependency Pcmk_property[property-overcloud-controller-0-cinder-volume-role] has failures: true", "Info: Creating state file /var/lib/puppet/state/state.yaml", "Notice: Applied catalog in 382.92 seconds", "Changes:", "            Total: 1", "Events:", "          Success: 1", "          Failure: 2", "            Total: 3",

I have verified that all packages on my container-image (Pacemaker,Corosync, libqb,and pcs) are installed with same versions as the overcloud-controller.
But seems that something is still missing, because deployment with the default openstack-cinder-volume image completes successfully.

Can anyone help with debugging this? Let me know if more info needed.

Thanks in advance,
Igal