[all][tc][goals] Migrate RBAC Policy Format from JSON to YAML: Week R-16 Update

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Dec 29 18:37:35 UTC 2020

 ---- On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 01:56:22 -0600 Dmitriy Rabotyagov <noonedeadpunk at ya.ru> wrote ----
 > Hi! Regarding OpenStack-Ansible I was planning to land patches early January. We eventually need to patch every role to change "dest" and "config_type" for placing template, ie. [1] Also we will need to think through removal of old json file for ppl that will perform upgrade, to avoid any possible conflicts and confusions because of the prescence of both files. [1] https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_glance/src/branch/master/tasks/glance_post_install.yml#L78-L82

Thanks, Dmitriy, do let me know if you need help this is a large number of changes. I will be able to push changes for this.

On point of the presence of both files, yes this is a good point. From the service side default value change, I am taking care of
this on oslo.policy side[1]. If both files exist and deployment rely on the default value (config option is not overridden ) then
oslo policy will pick up the 'policy.json'. With this, we make sure we do not break any upgrade for deployment relying on this
default value. In the future, when we decide to remove the support of policy.json then we can remove this fallback logic.

-gmann

[1] https://github.com/openstack/oslo.policy/blob/0a228dea2ee96ec3eabed3361ca22502d0bbd4a1/oslo_policy/policy.py#L363