something abount ironic-python-agent

Kaifeng Wang kaifeng.w at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 12:43:22 UTC 2020

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 8:39 PM Ankele zhang <ankelezhang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kaifeng:
> Before receiving your reply, I have downloaded
> the ronic-python-agent-builder-2.3.0, but I don't know how to build it and
> how to use it, I can't find the direction for use.
> And I try 'python setup.py install' to install it. and the following is my
> execution.
>
> I don't know the optional values of 'distribution', 'release', 'element',
> I hope you can help me.

distribution refers to the base image that the ramdisk will be built on,
release is used to specify the distribution variant.
element is a concept of diskimage-builder, each element is handling part of
the building process,
you can take a look at the diskimage-builder documentation for a complete
list [1].
In case further customization on the ramdisk is required, elements can be
included by the argument.
We have some examples on how to use the IPA-B at [2].

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/diskimage-builder/latest/elements.html
[2]
https://docs.openstack.org/ironic-python-agent-builder/latest/admin/dib.html

Ankele