[cinder] patches for lower-constraints

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 17:27:09 UTC 2020

As discussed at today's cinder meeting, there are patches available that
address the lower constraints problems arising from the upgraded pip
dependency resolver for most cinder deliverables.

Except for master, I've tried to keep the changes minimal.  One possibly
controversial change has been to add indirect dependencies to
test-requirements.txt in a few cases where the version range was so wide
that the resolver was taking a very long time to figure out a
satisfactory resolution.  An example of this is the cinder stable/train
patch:
   https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/767954

I'm not sure when these patches will be merged, but you can always add
the appropriate one as a dependency in gerrit to get the check jobs to
pass on your patch.  You can find them by using the gerrit hashtag
'fix-l-c':
   https://review.opendev.org/q/hashtag:fix-l-c

Apparently only the owner of a review can add a hashtag, so
os-brick/master (merged, owned by lpetrut) and the patches for the
non-releaseable stable branches that e0ne is working on aren't in the
list yet.