oslo message direct_mandatory_flag question

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Tue Dec 22 19:39:10 UTC 2020

On 12/22/20 10:33 AM, Satish Patel wrote:
> As per advice i have tired to add following snippet to fix this issue
>
> [DEFAULT]
> transport_url =
> rabbit://senlin:94d7aecb853145779db8f1dcb@10.65.6.176:5671//senlin?ssl=1
>
> [oslo_messaging_rabbit]
> ssl = True
> direct_mandatory_flag = False
>
> But i got error when trying to set direct_mandatory_flag option
>
> ERROR oslo_service.service [-] Error starting t
> hread.: oslo_config.cfg.ConfigFileValueError: Value for option
> direct_mandatory_flag from LocationInfo(location=<Locations.user: (4,
> True)>, detail='/etc/senlin/senlin.conf') is not
>   valid: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'False'
>
> Any idea what is going on here?

It's a bug in the opt definition[0]. We appear to have created an IntOpt
that expects a boolean value. It's possible you could work around the
problem by setting it to 0 instead of False, but that's assuming there
isn't any other code that requires an actual boolean.

I opened a bug[1] for the opt definition problem since it's separate
from the existing bug about the mandatory flag.

0:
https://github.com/openstack/oslo.messaging/blob/master/oslo_messaging/_drivers/impl_rabbit.py#L172
1: https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.messaging/+bug/1909036