[barbican][oslo][nova][glance][cinder] cursive library status

Douglas Mendizabal dmendiza at redhat.com
Fri Dec 18 21:05:54 UTC 2020

On 12/16/20 12:50 PM, Ben Nemec wrote:

> On 12/16/20 12:02 PM, Brian Rosmaita wrote:
>> Hello Barbican team,
>>
>> Apologies for not including barbican in the previous thread on this
>> topic:
>>
>> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-December/019430.html
>>

>> The situation is that cursive is used by Nova, Glance, and Cinder and
>> we'd like to move it out of the 'x' namespace into openstack
>> governance.   The question is then what team would oversee it.  It
>> seems like a good fit for Oslo, and the Oslo team seems OK with that,
>> but since barbican-core is currently included in cursive-core, it make
>> sense to give the Barbican team first dibs.
>>
>>  From the consuming teams' side, I don't think we have a preference as
>> long as it's clear who we need to bother about approvals if a bugfix
>> is posted for review.
>>
>> Thus my ask is that the Barbican team indicate whether they'd like to
>> move cursive to the 'openstack' namespace under their governance, or
>> whether they'd prefer Oslo to oversee the library.
>
> Note that this is not necessarily an either/or thing. Castellan is under
> Oslo governance but is co-owned by the Oslo and Barbican teams. We could
> do a similar thing with Cursive.

Hi Brian and Ben,

Sorry I missed the original thread.  Given that the end of the year is
around the corner, most of the Barbican team is out on PTO and we
haven't had a chance to discuss this in our weekly meeting.

That said, I doubt anyone would object to moving cursive into the
openstack namespace.

I personally do not mind the Oslo team taking over maintenace, and I am
also willing to help review patches if the Oslo team would like to
co-own this library just like we currently do for Castellan.

- Douglas Mendizábal (redrobot)