[infra][tripleo] is it possible to control (tripleo) gate queue priority?

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Thu Dec 17 14:43:08 UTC 2020

Hello illustrious members of openstack infra

tripleo-ci squad is wondering if it is possible for (some subset of) us to
be able to set the priority of a particular patch/es in the tripleo queue.

We've done this "manually" in the past, by abandoning all patches in the
gate & then restoring in order and putting the priority patch at the top of
the dependency queue. However abandoning all the things is completely
disruptive for everyone else (sometimes that might be necessary if your
queue is way too long but still...).

So the question is, is there a better way to put a particular patch at the
top of our queue when we need to do that?

thanks for your thoughts, sorry if this has come up before I couldn't
quickly find something in the list archives.

regards, marios