[barbican][oslo][nova][glance][cinder] cursive library status

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 18:02:40 UTC 2020

Hello Barbican team,

Apologies for not including barbican in the previous thread on this topic:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-December/019430.html

The situation is that cursive is used by Nova, Glance, and Cinder and
we'd like to move it out of the 'x' namespace into openstack governance.
  The question is then what team would oversee it.  It seems like a good
fit for Oslo, and the Oslo team seems OK with that, but since
barbican-core is currently included in cursive-core, it make sense to
give the Barbican team first dibs.

 From the consuming teams' side, I don't think we have a preference as
long as it's clear who we need to bother about approvals if a bugfix is
posted for review.

Thus my ask is that the Barbican team indicate whether they'd like to
move cursive to the 'openstack' namespace under their governance, or
whether they'd prefer Oslo to oversee the library.

Thank you!
brian