port Groups (Bonds) Configuration in Openstack Baremetal Provisioning.

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 18:37:41 UTC 2020

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 8:39 PM Lokendra Rathour <lokendrarathour at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Julia,
> My aim here to chk the for any kind of port binding or grouping inorder to
> achived redundancy at the baremetal port level.
> So scenarion as desired or which i am trying to bring up is :
> I have an openstack controller computer setup(simple openstack)
> On top of this I am provisioning baremetal node . On this baremetal node i
> have one cable connected to one of the port from the switch. We inform
> neutron about it before we go for server create. It works and we are able
> to see the nodes getting added.

Added to what?

So on the same server we are trying to enable port binding , which we are
> not able to do it.

So you would need a second cable attached to the same switch. If already
connected, the node, and the switch side is pre-configured, you should:

1) Create the portgroup definition in ironic
2) create/update the physical ports in ironic attached to the portgroup.

If using cloud init which shall be passed during the server created then
> what can be the standard configuration for it ? Or how to move forward?

When ironic goes to perform the port bind, it provides the binding
information to Neutron. This behavior is slightly different between the
ironic node network_interface driver, ``flat`` or ``neutron``. You likely
will be using flat if your portgroup is pre-configured. Some Fujitsu[0]
folks put together a slide deck to share back in 2017, which walks through
the steps. The commands are a little outdated, but you will hopefully get
the idea for a static configuration.

 [0]: https://www.slideshare.net/vietstack/portgroups-support-in-ironic