[tc][goals] community feedback on 'stabilization' goal

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Fri Dec 11 18:19:25 UTC 2020

On Fri, 2020-12-11 at 12:42 -0500, Mohammed Naser wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Over the last TC meeting, we exchanged opinions about the new goal
> selection.   It was discussed that due to the extraordinary situation
> this year, we could have a loose goal instead. Therefore, we would
> like to propose having a stabilization cycle this release.
>
> Some ideas discussed for this “stabilization” cycle (would be all of those):
> 1. Use this time to rest and relax, no need to do something.
> 2. Use this time to finish up this really cool thing you've been
> trying to find time to, and share with us to recognize.
> 3. Check out these existing goals/popup teams that might interest you
> if you want to invest time in something different/new.
>
> As a reminder that we don't have to do a community goal for every
> release, we are leaving this open and would like to know what the
> community thinks.
>
> Feel free to send over your thoughts,
i like this but i would suggest it for X rather then W
we are far enough in to wallaby that i think its realticlaly too late to declar it a
stablisation release now but i do see merrit in doing that for X.

it would give us time to get by in internally and plan to actully focus on stablisation
both upstream and downstream and would be eaiser to comunicate that to stake holders.