[all][stable] bandit 1.6.3 drops py2 support

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Thu Dec 10 22:21:34 UTC 2020

On 10-12-20 18:41:04, Sean Mooney wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-12-10 at 17:04 +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> > On 2020-12-10 15:42:13 +0100 (+0100), Bernard Cafarelli wrote:
> > [...]
> > > This may get complicated to sort out, checking neutron cap [1], it failed
> > > in grenade job when checking out bandit per swift requirements.
> > > So it seems this one will need to be backported from the oldest affected
> > > stable to train, with some "correct order" on packages - though if we need
> > > it on 2 packages at same time to pass gates it may need overall capping?
> > >
> > > [1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/766218
> >
> > Oh wow, this is the first I've realized devstack installed
> > test-requirements.txt for every project.
> >

> yep i have tried to stop it doing that a few times but apparently some
> project rely on that which causes issue. eventually
> https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/devstack/+/715469/ did make
> that change and where we can backport it i would be in favor of that
> but this is not the first time that installing test requiremetn has
> broken dpeloyment due to linters.  in partical it has broken the
> compliation of dpdk and ovs where the  default linter configruution
> broke make sicne it ran the test and style check failed.
>
> >  That's a total mess since projects are totally encouraged to use
> >  different versions of test requirements where things like linters
> >  and static analyzers are concerned. Can't
> >  https://review.opendev.org/715469 be backported?

Thanks for the pointer Jeremy!

I've started that below, we will need to land this in reverse from
stable/pike however to appease the grenade jobs:

https://review.opendev.org/q/I8f24b839bf42e2fb9803dc7df3a30ae20cf264eb

Cheers

--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76