New Openstack Deployment questions

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Dec 10 19:47:34 UTC 2020

On 12/10/20 2:46 PM, Thomas Wakefield wrote:
> OpenStack deployment questions:
>
> If you were starting a new deployment of OpenStack today what OS would
> you use, and what tools would you use for deployment?  We were thinking
> CentOS with Kayobe, but then CentOS changed their support plans, and I
> am hesitant to start a new project with CentOS.  We do have access to
> RHEL licensing so that might be an option.  We have also looked at
> OpenStack-Ansible for deployment.  Thoughts?
>
> Thanks in advance.  -Tom

Hi Thomas,

Did you consider using Debian and OCI [1] ? I've just deployed my 8th
cluster in production with it, this time using floating IP for routed
networks [2]. I'm of course biased in my answer because I'm the package
maintainer and the main author of OCI, but he... please give it a try!
One of the main point is that what happened with CentOS has no chance to
happen in Debian (no vendor lock-in).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

[1]