[rdo-users] [tripleo] Deployment update (node addition) after changing aggregate groups/zones

Oliver Walsh owalsh at redhat.com
Wed Dec 9 19:46:21 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 at 16:24, Ruslanas Gžibovskis <ruslanas at lpic.lt> wrote:

> Hi Oliver,
>
> Can you please confirm then the following:
>
> Remove NovaAZ from roles file.

That is not necessary. The tripleo service is included in the compute roles
by default but it's also disabled by default.

> Remove novaAZ from environment files, and it should be able to update
> without this step?

Yes, remove the nova-az-config.yaml environment file from the deploy
command line. I think that should just revert back to default (service
disabled). If not then you can explicitly disable it with:
resource_registry:
  OS::TripleO::Services::NovaAZConfig: OS::Heat::None

Cheers,
Ollie