[neutron] Status on BGP support when using OVN in Neutron

Tim Sæterøy timsateroy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 15:12:30 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to explore BGP support when using OVN in Neutron, but
haven't been able to find much info on the topic. According to [1]
committed in march 2020, OVN seems to lack similar functionality as is
seen in ML2/OVS, but there's no further references:

> Currently ML2/OVS supports making a tenant subnet routable via BGP,
> and can announce host routes for both floating and fixed IP
> addresses.

I've tried searching for 'bgp' on Neutrons launchpad for issues tagged
with 'ovn', in the 'ovn-org/ovn' repo or on docs.ovn.org, but I'm
getting blanks.

Does anyone happen to know where OVN stands on this, and especially in
the context of Neutron? Or perhaps able to point me in the right
direction where I can find out more? Thanks.

[1]: https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/victoria/ovn/gaps.html

--
Tim