[tc][all][searchlight ] Retiring the Searchlight project

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Dec 7 20:31:29 UTC 2020

 ---- On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 10:43:57 -0600 Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote ----
 > On 11/12/20 11:29 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
 > > Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
 > >> Yes, as part of the retirement process all deliverables under the
 > >> project needs to be removed
 > >> and before removal we do:
 > >> 1. Remove all dependencies.
 > >> 2. Refactor/remove the gate job dependency also.
 > >> 3. Remove the code from the retiring repo.
 > >
 > > I think Thomas's point was that some of those retired deliverables are
 > > required by non-retired deliverables, like:
 > >
 > > - python-qinlingclient being required by mistral-extra
 > >
 > > - python-searchlightclient and python-karborclient being required by
 > > openstackclient and python-openstackclient
 > >
 > > We might need to remove those features/dependencies first, which might
 > > take time...
 >
 > Exactly, thanks for correcting my (very) poor wording.

Updates:

Most of the retirement patches are merged now (next is to merge the project-config and governance patch), please
merge all the dependencies removal patches to avoid any break in respective project gate/features.

https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%22retire-searchlight%22+(status:open%20OR%20status:merged)

-gmann